Ciao Andiamo is a boutique Italian travel company curating authentic, insider journeys, with a mission of helping travelers discover Italy through local eyes and fall in love. Interested in career opportunities at Ciao? We have offices in New York City and Umbria, Italy, and are seeking new team members who share our company values of “passion”, “famiglia”, “details matter”, and “client first”.
Ciao Andiamo seeks a Travel Coordinator – a full-time position reporting directly to a Travel Manager and in close daily communication with the company’s founder & CEO. This role is at the heart of the company’s day-to-day operations and critical to helping curate unforgettable, seamless travel experiences that deliver on our core mission. The Travel Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the New York-based team, our on-the-ground Italy team and clients to design and manage itineraries, organize accommodations & touring activities, develop client materials, and head up administrative responsibilities. As part of a small start-up enterprise, there are myriad chances to take on projects across functional areas, to think creatively, and directly impact company strategy, new initiatives and the future growth of the business. This position offers the opportunity to grow within travel operations or advance into sales.
- Lead new inquiry management, serving as the main initial point of contact for incoming client requests
- Work with other members of the New York-based team as well as our local team in Italy to design itinerary plans, organize bookings, create new offerings and manage the unexpected
- Consult directly with clients, and support the travel planning and trip coordination processes
- Develop client materials and sales documents, and help with internal and external communications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing complex travel logistics
- Skilled at problem-solving with the ability to be flexible and decisive
- Highly competent in time management and ability to prioritize a dynamic and demanding client workload and project list
- Good with people and highly service-oriented
- Strong knowledge of and interest in Italy
- Passionate, enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Technical proficiency in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel and Word (Adobe InDesign and Creative Suite familiarity a plus), with the technological savvy to master internal communications and tracking systems
- Bachelor’s degree